Terms of Service, Privacy Policy / Changes in conditions
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jnsilver

Terms of Service, Privacy Policy / Changes in conditions

by jnsilver » 06 Feb 2018, 16:28

Hi there,
How can I deal with the Request for Acceptance Conditions? In Germany it is not needed to offer a checkbox to accept the conditions. It would be enough to show a message that the user accepts the conditions when he starts the service (Login). How can I solve this in the Welcome Portal?

Changes in the Terms of Service / Privacy Policy:
It is requested by law that we inform the user about changes in the Terms of Service / Privacy Policy. User must agree to the changes. Otherwise we have to disable the the user (diasble the login) or to delete the user. How can I solve this with the HSNM?

Best Regards
Jens

HSNMSupport

Re: Terms of Service, Privacy Policy / Changes in conditions

by HSNMSupport » 06 Feb 2018, 17:33

Hi,

about "Acceptance Conditions": 
With new GDPR policy, starting from next 25 May, users must be able to check a checkbox to accept the conditions (so a simple message won't be enough anymore). Currently HSNM, as you know, already provide this feature and what you can currently do is to not require users to check that box.

About changes of Terms of Service/Privacy Policy:
Always about GDPR policy, so to comply it, we are making many other changes.
One of this is that we are adding the possibility to reset all the conditions accepted by the end user of a domain.
So, using this new utility, if you change Terms of Service/Privay Policy you will be able to ask users, at their next login, to check all the requested conditions again.

Best Regards.

jnsilver

by jnsilver » 06 Feb 2018, 18:50

Hi,
Please check https://termsfeed.com/blog/gdpr/ for example. It is allowed to show a notice and use the "Login" button instead of the checkbox. Checkboxes are conversion killers therefore I asked for the option without the checkbox. Questions is, if you can set the acceptance check also when the button is clicked.

In my opinion it is not enough to change the status of the acceptance of terms. If the terms are changed we are obliged to show an active information like "Terms are changed. Please check.". Worst case is that we have to show explicitely what changed. 

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 08 Feb 2018, 11:55

Hi,

GDPR speaks of "unambiguous consent" and like many others did, we decided to use a checkbox.
If you don't want the checkbox to be seen, and you add to the Conditions a text telling users that pressing the log in button they accept them, you can do it.

About changes to "Terms of Service" we will evaluate how to manage it.

In general we are going forward to make hsnm complies to the new GDPR.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic