Apple devices are redirecting to Apple page after login.
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
humzakhan

Apple devices are redirecting to Apple page after login.

by humzakhan » 05 Jul 2019, 07:43

Dear Team,
Apple devices are redirecting to apple website after login and pressing surf app. It should have to redirect to browser instead. Please guide.

HSNMSupport

Re: Apple devices are redirecting to Apple page after login.

by HSNMSupport » 05 Jul 2019, 09:20

Hi,

it's difficult for us to provide you support if you don't provide us as much information as possible about configuration you did and steps to follow in order to reproduce the problem.

In general, what you explained, could happen if you the Apple CNA has been disabled, so apple.com is an open walled garden, and the user device has apple.com as homepage. In this way user that is trying to surf to its home page, apple.com, will be redirected to the welcome portal, and after the login it will be redirected to the original requested website, apple.com.

Other case could be that has been set apple.com as redirection URL in the domain configuration.

Best Regards.

humzakhan

by humzakhan » 05 Jul 2019, 12:25

Apple CNA is not disabled and no redirection URLs are set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Jul 2019, 14:23

Hi,

ok for the HSNM configuration but, what about home page set in the device browser? Can you check if devices has apple.com as home page?

Best Regards.

humzakhan

by humzakhan » 08 Jul 2019, 10:14

Every Apple device is showing same page, It will be very much difficult to check every device browser settings.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 08 Jul 2019, 12:12

Hi,

I see, but I've never been able to simulate this problem using all our Apple devices. So, without further information is very difficult for me to help you.

Best Regards.

humzakhan

by humzakhan » 10 Jul 2019, 06:41

Hi Team,

We have tested same Apple device on some other hotspot and it is not directing to apple homepage. Same device when using on our hotspot it is redirecting to apple homepage when pressing surf app button. No default browser is set to apple in the browser.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 10 Jul 2019, 10:33

Hi,

can you please send an email to support@hsnetworkmanager.com providing us URL and credentials in order to access to your HSNM?

I have also to know the name of the domain and the gateway where you are facing the issue.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards.

humzakhan

by humzakhan » 11 Jul 2019, 09:16

Dear Team,

Credentials shared with you.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 11 Jul 2019, 17:45

Hi,

I configured your gateway and tested with our apple devices. I've been able to simulate it.

But it's not a problem related to the HSNM. It's a behaviour of all the apple devices who are connecting using CNA.

Probably you didn't had this problem before because there was a redirect URL after login set in the domain.
The only way for an apple device to not be redirected to apple.com is to disable apple CNA or by setting an URL to redirect the user after login.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic