User logs in before watching video ads
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
couragesmith

User logs in before watching video ads

by couragesmith » 04 Aug 2019, 23:29

Hello team
A customer want to who wants to use HSN wanted if the following can be done using HSN

1. User must login before watching the video. Which means welcome portal comes after login in with credentials.
***First is to see log in page Request for email address or phone numbers without verification via sms nor email.
*** after login in before the video and quiz. Then user can now enjoy internet. After every 15minutes the already user will see advert and follow by email to access the internet again.

2. We noticed when using external url for video in welcome portal which has be hosted locally on a raspberry pi per site the user can fast forward the mp4 video even if the skip has been disabled.

3. We noticed the login page doesn't load automatically for the user when welcome portal is set to play videos from external url. User have to click on skip before login page appears.

4. We noticed users can access youtube, google and whatsapp even as they haven't login. Tried disabling from wall garden but still have that.

Thanks
Regards
Courage Smith

HSNMSupport

Re: User logs in before watching video ads

by HSNMSupport » 05 Aug 2019, 17:33

Hello,

here below my answers by point:

1. Can you provide me further information about the goal of your customer. I'm sorry but I didn't understand what your customer would like to do;

2. even here, can you better explain what the problem is? When you configure an intro with an external mp4 video you can only set number of seconds the user has to wait before being able to click on skip button. So, there isn't the possibility to deny the possibility to click on skip button, only the time user has to wait for clicking that button;

3. it's normal that welcome portal doesn't appear automatically when there is an intro video. User has to click on skip button;

4. If user has access to those sites/service it means that somwhere in the configuration of your HSNM you have enabled an intro using a video, you enabled facebook social login. So it's normal that youtube, google and whatsapp are working. You have to check your configuration.

Best Regards.

couragesmith

by couragesmith » 20 Aug 2019, 11:51

Hello,

here below my answers by point:

1. Can you provide me further information about the goal of your customer. I'm sorry but I didn't understand what your customer would like to do;

2. even here, can you better explain what the problem is? When you configure an intro with an external mp4 video you can only set number of seconds the user has to wait before being able to click on skip button. So, there isn't the possibility to deny the possibility to click on skip button, only the time user has to wait for clicking that button;

3. it's normal that welcome portal doesn't appear automatically when there is an intro video. User has to click on skip button;

4. If user has access to those sites/service it means that somwhere in the configuration of your HSNM you have enabled an intro using a video, you enabled facebook social login. So it's normal that youtube, google and whatsapp are working. You have to check your configuration.

Best Regards.
1. My goal is for the user must login with their data before he/she watch a video advert and browse the internet.
That is (Welcome portal comes before intro. Not intro before Welcome portal)

But what we have now is the user watches advert before the login page appears.
I want to ask if i can be able to do that.

2. My challenge is I loaded an mp4 file on a local server ( raspberry pi3). Because internet data is very slow and expensive in Africa and the only way to give smooth video advert is using external video at each location. It works faster and great with a faster response time.

But what i notice was the video play on some devices and others don't play. Other devices have resolution problem playing the video.
meanwhile when the user is redirected to a YouTube everyone gets the video.
My question is What could be the problem why some gets the video well and some do not.

Also you notice when the mp4 is being played the user can see and fast-forward the video using the player in the browser making the user not to watch the video completely before the skip appears.
Then also the login portal does not appear automatically after watching the video. Kindly look into that.

3. I will like a situation where the welcome portal appears automatically. talking from experience as am in Africa for that matter. :D Users experiences. they will be watching the skip and wont know what to do next. Most lack reading. :)

4. I am able to solve it thank you.

Kindly get in touch and i know you can help me with the solution
Thanks
Best regards
Courage Smith

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 20 Aug 2019, 14:52

Hi Courage,

here below my answers:

1. It's not possible. What you could do is to enable the injection in the welcome portal and inject a video. So user will see, but it will also be able to close, a iframe with a video in the welcome portal. But it's not exactly what you asked.

2. I don't know if the resolution of the video could be the reason. About the fact that users are able to fast forward the video I've just talked with developers and they told me that is possible to disable the bar, so user won't be able to skip video section anymore. Developers told me that this change will be added with the next HSNM update (I don't exactly know when the new update will be available);

3. if the intro is a youtube video, there isn't any problem. Once the video finished the user is automatically redirected to the welcome portal. We have just tried, in our lab, to set an external mp4 video and it worked like the youtube one. I mean that at the end of the mp4 video the welcome portal automatically appeared without the need to click the skip button. It should work as well in your case. Can you double check and perform some tests?

4. ok, good.

Best Regards.

couragesmith

by couragesmith » 20 Aug 2019, 22:58

Hi Courage,

here below my answers:

1. It's not possible. What you could do is to enable the injection in the welcome portal and inject a video. So user will see, but it will also be able to close, a iframe with a video in the welcome portal. But it's not exactly what you asked.

2. I don't know if the resolution of the video could be the reason. About the fact that users are able to fast forward the video I've just talked with developers and they told me that is possible to disable the bar, so user won't be able to skip video section anymore. Developers told me that this change will be added with the next HSNM update (I don't exactly know when the new update will be available);

3. if the intro is a youtube video, there isn't any problem. Once the video finished the user is automatically redirected to the welcome portal. We have just tried, in our lab, to set an external mp4 video and it worked like the youtube one. I mean that at the end of the mp4 video the welcome portal automatically appeared without the need to click the skip button. It should work as well in your case. Can you double check and perform some tests?

4. ok, good.

Best Regards.
Thanks for response

2. I want to ask what is the stated resolution of mp4 size needed before it can be played across all device.
I want to ask if your also try the external mp4 on an external server? What was the results on pc, iPhone and android devices.
I really need to use the external mp4 to play on all devices.
We have bought 800 raspberry pi and routers to deploy hotspots service asap and this is our challenge moving forward.
Kindly assist so I can be able to proceed from here. :roll:

I also want to ask if the way YouTube has been configured .
is it not possible to do 2 options for mp4 where only the mp4 ID will be different from the main server url?
(1 server url constant
(2 mp4 ID the mp4 id can be change when we want to change the video.

Thanks
Courage Smith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 21 Aug 2019, 11:22

Hi Courage,

based on google policy, the minimum resolution for a video is 200x140. We have just tested with a 1920 mp4 external video and we haven't got any problem playing it from every our devices (Android and Apple). So, I'm not able to simulate your problem.

About the configuration like the youtube one, I've asked to developers but for mp4 video the configuration will remain the current one.

Best Regards.

couragesmith

by couragesmith » 22 Aug 2019, 22:45

Hi Courage,

based on google policy, the minimum resolution for a video is 200x140. We have just tested with a 1920 mp4 external video and we haven't got any problem playing it from every our devices (Android and Apple). So, I'm not able to simulate your problem.

About the configuration like the youtube one, I've asked to developers but for mp4 video the configuration will remain the current one.

Best Regards.
Hello
I have done the test with your last suggestions we try playing the video from external mp4 from a local raspberry pi
The video Play automatically on the PC but on the phone the video shows but can not be played if i click to play.
what could have cause that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 23 Aug 2019, 08:46

Hi,

I think it's something about the configuration of how the mp4 video is played. In the next HSNM version mp4 video should automatically plays also in the mobile phone.

With youtube video, for example, it's not possible to get video automatically plays on a mobile phone. User must click on paly button to get it started.

Best Regards.

couragesmith

by couragesmith » 23 Aug 2019, 10:37

Hi,

I think it's something about the configuration of how the mp4 video is played. In the next HSNM version mp4 video should automatically plays also in the mobile phone.

With youtube video, for example, it's not possible to get video automatically plays on a mobile phone. User must click on paly button to get it started.

Best Regards.
Hello
Thanks for the reply
We have spent the whole night troubleshooting the problem.

1. We notice that the hotspot blocks the IP of the raspberry pi which is our external video server even though it has been white listed in mikrotik by HSN.

2. We bind the Mac address of the raspberry pi which is the external mp4 sever under ip biding and bypass it in the mikrotik.
We manually white listed the ip of the external mp4 sever under wall garden.
And there we go :D :D all devices like phones, PC were allowed the video even with low resolution videos played smoothly.

We can deploy each bus with external mp4 server :geek:

We are still doing our labs if we have noticed modification I will post it here.

Thank you
Best regards
Courage Smith

Rate this topic