connected user showing in different domain
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
humzakhan

connected user showing in different domain

by humzakhan » 31 Dec 2019, 06:14

Dear Team,

We are using Device reorganization option so if the user went to other site will not have to register again and can login just by pressing start browsing button. When user registered on Domain A went to some other site at Domain B and press start browsing.
i) He will be showing in connected user list of site A where he was registered however he is not there and using at some other site B. In Mikrotik it is showing at Site B hotspot active users. Screenshot is attached.
ii) At the site B, he will not be allocated bandwidth plan of site B, He still be using plan of site he was registered on. for example at site A where he was registered we have 2Mb/2Mb upload/download policy and at Site B 4Mb/4Mb upload/download, the user registered at Site A will be having policy of site A at Site B as well.
iii) If the user registered at site A and went to site B where he can use same credentials. But when he click on forget password SMS can't be sent unless he is on same site A where he was registered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

Re: connected user showing in different domain

by HSNMSupport » 08 Jan 2020, 11:26

Hi Humzan
First of all, "Device recognition" option under the domain is not used for not request user registration on different site but it is used to recognize the user's device in order to not forced him to enter username and password.
You can achieve what you want using Federation, anyway below I'll try to reply point by point:

1) This is correct. If you have federated two or more domains, and user is connected to SiteB but it was registered on SiteA (user is under DomainA), you will see under HSNM the user connected under SiteA/DomainA but obviously it will be active on the SiteB Gateway

2) YES, this is also correct. The user will always have the values (speed, time/traffic credit, timeout, etc) of the product gave when registered

3) If the SMS is not sent it means there is something wrong on the SMS settings under the manager or under HSNM System Settings.

Best regards

humzakhan

by humzakhan » 08 Jan 2020, 11:47

Thanks for the reply.
for the point ii) is it possible to automatically update the policy of the user accordingly every time the user visits another site?
iii) For new registration SMS are working fine. Site A registered user when visits site B and press forget password, put his number in forget password form then following error occurs. (Federation Group is same for both sites). When same user again visits site A and press forget password then it is working fine. Problem occurring on other sites however federation group is same.
iv) Is it possible to remove email address field from forget password form?. We only want Mobile number there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 09 Jan 2020, 11:58

Hi Humzan
Below my replies point by point:

2) No, is not possible
3) This is a BUG: I've just been able to reproduce in our LAB. I am forwarding the BUG to our developers STAFF and so you will find the fix on next HSNM version.
4) At the moment, to disable it, you should not request the e-mail address on registration. Anyway I'll ask to our developer STAFF to disable it simply disabling the e-mail notification.

Thanks for cooperation

Best regards

Rate this topic