MikroTik 6.30
Topics about the wireless hardware

Rate this topic
12 posts
Jameel

MikroTik 6.30

by Jameel » 03 Feb 2018, 18:19

Hi,
my mikrotik is running 6.30and the the hotspot configuration will work on 6.37 or higher. 
My Mikrotik is not connected with internet how can I upgrade the routerosJamil, 10:40I am running another version demo57.hsnetworkmanager.comI created the Gateway profile. downloaded it.. but it gives me error in importing the config file.expected end of command (line 108 column 48). 
I cannot attach the file, there is not the possibility to attach it.
Can you please help me to configure it?
Thank you

HSNMSupport

Re: MikroTik 6.30

by HSNMSupport » 05 Feb 2018, 09:14

Hi Jameel
First of all, as advised when download the hotspot configuration file from HSNM, you need to upgrade your Mikrotik gateway at least to version 6.37.
It is not necessary that hotspot is connected to Internet to upgrade it; simply you can download the upgrade package from Mikrotik's site, copy it inside your hotspot and then reboot it in order to upgrade. 
I also suggest you to read the SetupGateway guide in order to understand how to configure a Mikrotik gateway with the file downloaded from HSNM

Best regards 

Jameel

by Jameel » 05 Feb 2018, 11:17

I have upgraded the MIkrotik to 6.41,but after uploading rhe HSNM Gateway configuration the error still exist. 
I have read the setupgateway.
HSNMSupport:Hi Jameel
First of all, as advised when download the hotspot configuration file from HSNM, you need to upgrade your Mikrotik gateway at least to version 6.37.
It is not necessary that hotspot is connected to Internet to upgrade it; simply you can download the upgrade package from Mikrotik's site, copy it inside your hotspot and then reboot it in order to upgrade. 
I also suggest you to read the SetupGateway guide in order to understand how to configure a Mikrotik gateway with the file downloaded from HSNM

Best regards 

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Feb 2018, 12:39

Hi Jameel,

are you still having "Expected end of command" error? Or are you having "No such item" error?

Best Regards.

Jameel

by Jameel » 05 Feb 2018, 14:34

after making changes in the file, it gives me no such items. but I created  anew gateway file and downloaded , the same happend again.
HSNMSupport:Hi Jameel,

are you still having "Expected end of command" error? Or are you having "No such item" error?

Best Regards.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Feb 2018, 15:05

Hi Jameel,

no such item means, for example, that you are using a routerboard that doesn't have wifi card but you are trying to import a script who try to configure wifi in the routerboard. So, is it possible that you are using a routerboard that doesn't have wifi card but you enabled the "use wifi" field in HSNM Gateway configuration?

Expected end of command, instead, means that you have a sintax error on your script. For example a ";" is missing or something similar. Script generated by HSNM doesn't have any sintax error. So, you can have this error only if you manually changed its configuration or if you wrongly added Mikrotik custom commands from the HSNM Gateway configuration.

If you still have any problem let me know the gateway name configured in the HSNM. So I'll check.

Best Regards.

Jameel

by Jameel » 05 Feb 2018, 15:15

Hi, I Am using Cloud core router CCR-1009-8G-1S, having no wifi. You are right I enabled Wifi in it. 
But after removing it, it gives me same error like expected end of command. which should not come in. 
Please check my config on demo57.hsnetworkmanager.com in the Somsphare , Gateway name VTT.
BR
Jameel

no such item means, for example, that you are using a routerboard that doesn't have wifi card but you are trying to import a script who try to configure wifi in the routerboard. So, is it possible that you are using a routerboard that doesn't have wifi card but you enabled the "use wifi" field in HSNM Gateway configuration?

Expected end of command, instead, means that you have a sintax error on your script. For example a ";" is missing or something similar. Script generated by HSNM doesn't have any sintax error. So, you can have this error only if you manually changed its configuration or if you wrongly added Mikrotik custom commands from the HSNM Gateway configuration.

If you still have any problem let me know the gateway name configured in the HSNM. So I'll check.

Best Regards.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Feb 2018, 15:35

Hi Jameel,

can you tell me which line and column the current error is referring to?
Thank you,

Best Regards.

Jameel

by Jameel » 05 Feb 2018, 16:12

This is fine now.. 
I made Ether as WAN interface and the Ether2 as a LAN or hotspot bridge. 
Now What I have to do is ethr1 connect with my DSL router and ether2 on the LAN. Shall it works?
I will tell you tomorrow morning.

BR
Jameel

can you tell me which line and column the current error is referring to?
Thank you,

Best Regards.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Feb 2018, 16:29

Hi Jameel,
Yes, you made the right configuration.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic