HSNM DOUBTS
HSNM Hardware and VM configurations. Sms, Email, Backup, Database

Rate this topic
5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dpaz

HSNM DOUBTS

by dpaz » 04 May 2024, 17:29

Hello, I am going to ask you several questions:

Let's imagine that I have an API (from a PMS) that creates users in the HSNM when the guest checks in. PMS attacks HSNM and creates the user as follows:

Username: email provided by the guest at check-in.
Password: First or Last Name (I would prefer it to be the room, but you only have this option for usernames).

1) The password has a minimum of 4 characters, but there are people with first and last names of 3 characters, what would happen in this case?

Let's imagine that the user has an expired product and is going to extend his stay by 3 more days or returns to the hotel the following year.

2) What happens in this case?
Option A: PMS recreates the same user by overwriting it?
Option B: PMS can do the recharge via API?.

I understand that overwriting it is not advisable because traceability is lost.
What do you usually do in these cases? The idea is to automate everything from the PMS (without using vouchers for renewals).

3) In the option you have that the user name is the room (PMS), how do you keep the user data in the database? Rooms (usernames) are supposed to be constantly reused. How does user creation behave in this case? Are users who stay in the same rooms overwriting all the time?

4) Can products of already created users be updated from the API?

5) Technically (ports, configurations), in the HSNM do I need for the PMS to attack the HSNM via API?

Thank you so much.

HSNMSupport

Re: HSNM DOUBTS

by HSNMSupport » 07 May 2024, 09:49

Hi,
1) this depends on your custom code. You need to manage this behaviour via PMS and send via userWrite to the HSNM what you decide to use as Password.
2) You can choose what you prefer. By calling another checking on the same user will act as a recharge
3) if you decide to use the email as the username of the user, this will be unique. If a user come back with same email you need to recharge him and let him surf again with a new product
4) yes of course
5) You can reach the HSNM API via http or https.
S.T.

dpaz

by dpaz » 09 May 2024, 01:46

In the Question:

1) What I wanted to say is that when I create a user from HSNM it only allows me to create a password with a minimum of 4 characters. The rooms have 3 characters (001, 137...). Is there a problem with this when using the API?

5) Excuse my clumsiness, but do I have to activate something beforehand in the HSNM, or in the manager? Or do we have to use an API Key or Secret? It's just that we have never done it at HSNM.

Thanks.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 09 May 2024, 09:13

1) no you can inject less secure passwords via API
5) Api are related to a system admin user. If you use an System level admin user API, you will be able to access all sublevels.
S.T.

dpaz

by dpaz » 17 May 2024, 13:38

Thank you so much.

The developers have asked me the following questions:

1) Could you explain the products a little? In the documentation we have we only see that it must be added to the request but we do not see an endpoint that can receive them and then select 1.

2) Can you give me an example of authentication? If it is Oauth, I don't know where to generate the token from the credentials and if it is a token bearer, I don't know which link I have to send the credentials to receive it.

Rate this topic