Certificate error
HSNM Hardware and VM configurations. Sms, Email, Backup, Database

Rate this topic
7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
infosey

Certificate error

by infosey » 03 Oct 2018, 12:34

I am using Facebook login in a gateway. When I log in the hotspot using Facebook I get an certificate error. I use a wildcard *.midomain and when I access the portal I don't get any error, only when log in using Facebook.
Why is that happening?
I am using Ruckus vSZ.

HSNMSupport

Re: Certificate error

by HSNMSupport » 03 Oct 2018, 14:40

Hi infosey,

If I'm not wrong, you already wrote us an email about this problem.

We are still investigating on it and we will answer to your email as soon as we finish our investigation.

Please don't ask for the same question both by email and via forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards.

infosey

by infosey » 03 Oct 2018, 16:40

No, the problem is different, but maybe the reason is the same (???)

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 03 Oct 2018, 17:01

Hi infosey,

then, please, tell us the error you get and as much informations as you can in order to better understand the problem you are facing.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards.

infosey

by infosey » 03 Oct 2018, 18:39

When I click the buttom "Facebook" the explorer redirects to the portal and the explorer says:
"La red a la que intentas unirte tiene problemas de seguridad"
Por ejemplo, es posible que la página de inicio de sesión no pertenezca a la organización mostrada.
Then I can click the link: "Continuar de todos modos a través del navegador" and the smartphone open the Firefox or Chrome. If I choose Firefox, when I click on Facebook again Firefox shows me and warning again "Security Warning: The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to send this information?"
If you click on OK everything works.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 04 Oct 2018, 12:02

Hi infosey,

please, can you provide us a video in order to clearly understand what the problem is?

You can send it by mail to support@hsnetworkmanager.com.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Oct 2018, 16:36

Hi Infosey
We received the video and now the issue is more clear: thanks!
We've just replied you by mail. Anyway we share the reply here in the forum because could be usefull for other guys.
Unfortunatly the error "your connection is not private" is due by the Android's Chrome, in fact if you use another web browser on your smarphone or you use Chrome, but on a laptop, you will not have that error.
If you load the Welcome Portal with HTTPS, there is another problem caused by Ruckus: the login procedure doesn't work and so user cannot be authenticated.
I'll try to explain you why it happens: ruckus hotspot service, as all the hotspots, has an internal page (https://RuckusIP/user/index.jsp) that is automatically called when a device try to surf and then redirects the user to Welcome Portal; this page is loaded using the Ruckus IP but, if there isn't a certificate for it inside the Ruckus, there will be an error and so the user cannot login.

The error probably could be fixed if on your Ruckus device were possible to load a non self signed certificate for the Ruckus IP address.

Best regards

Rate this topic