No access after upload and import
If you installed HSNM just now, and don't know where to start - ask here!

Rate this topic
6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
msa

No access after upload and import

by msa » 27 Nov 2017, 16:58

Hello Support,

this is what I have:

Routerboard Wap2nD
OS Version 6.40.4
I have a Routerboard as Gateway 172.16.0.x as a Gateway to 192.168.0.1 which is the router to my ISP-Router.
My local gateway-mikrotik-Router  has a Hotspot but the IP and the Macadress  is already bypassed in the IP-Binding Settings, and there is no problem if I try to ping with the msmanager-router an external IP with the default setting. (After an reset.)
After uploading the Gateway configuration the router reboot and after this there is no access. The wireless symbol, on my mac, keeps searching and searching. If I want to ping I have to add a deafault route  with "route add default 10.8.x.x." and a valid dns, in this case my "Gateway-mikrotik-Router"  172.16.x.x. is the dns. That means I don´t get a default route or an working dns-server. The funny thing is the system distributes the IP 192.168.88.1 as DNS which is, as you know,  the default IP for a new mikrotik router .
If have tried all with "Same Network of the appliance" and without.  But the problem is the same.  As I cant access wirh winbox or ssh or the webinterface there is no way to debug with the logfile. 

I hope you know what I´ve done wrong ?
Thanks ahead
mario

PS I have followed the manual step by step.

HSNMSupport

Re: No access after upload and import

by HSNMSupport » 27 Nov 2017, 18:00

Hi msa,

sorry but from what you wrote I didn't understand what your configuration is.

Please, can you provide me a network schema with the IP configurations you did?
Please, also provide me screenshots of the gateway configuration you did in the HSNM.

Thank you,

Best Regards.

msa

by msa » 27 Nov 2017, 18:30

Hi msa,

sorry but from what you wrote I didn't understand what your configuration is.

Please, can you provide me a network schema with the IP configurations you did?
Please, also provide me screenshots of the gateway configuration you did in the HSNM.

Thank you,

Best Regards.
A)
HSM-Router:
Mikrotik WAP2nD
Network 10.8.0.0/25
Mask 255.255.255.128
wlan1 IP 10.8.0.1
wan 172.16.0.21 (DHCP-offer  by  my local Router)
DHCP-Serveron wlan1
IP Range = 10.8.0.20-120

B)
My Local Gateway and DHCP
Network 172.16.0.0/25
LAN IP 172.16.0.1
WAN IP 192.168.0.2

DHCP-Server-config
Net 172.16.0.0/25
IP 172.16.0.1
DNS 172.16.0.8,9.9.9.9,84.200.69.80
Range (Pool)  172.16.0.3-172.16.0.48, 172.16.0.45-172.16.0.55

Default GW to 0.0.0.0  =  192.168.0.1

C)
My ISP Router:
LAN IP 192.168.0.1
MASK 255.255.255.248
No DHCP

Password for Screenshots: Forum.hsnet2017

http://cloud.sambila.net/index.php/s/OQUxJ0xlCEg4plU

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 28 Nov 2017, 14:31

Hi msa,

you have connected the HSNM Mikrotik gateway (A) to your local gateway (B). But it's not the right solution.
If you had carefully followed the Manual you would not have connected the HSNM Mikrotik gateway as you did

You have to connect the HSNM Mikrotik gateway (A) to your ISP router (C).
So you have to configure, editing the gateway in the HSNM, WAN configuration IP again based on the LAN network of your ISP router (you have configured it with DHCP so you can leave that configuration as it is). You have to check the "Same Network of the Appliance" checkbox, save the configuration and download the config files again.
Then you have to reset to no-default your HSNM Mikrotik gateway and import the new .rsc file and the new hotspot folder.
At the end connect ETH1 of your  HSNM Mikrotik gateway to any LAN port of your ISP router.

Best Regards.

msa

by msa » 29 Nov 2017, 10:37

Hi msa,

you have connected the HSNM Mikrotik gateway (A) to your local gateway (B). But it's not the right solution.
If you had carefully followed the Manual you would not have connected the HSNM Mikrotik gateway as you did

You have to connect the HSNM Mikrotik gateway (A) to your ISP router (C).
So you have to configure, editing the gateway in the HSNM, WAN configuration IP again based on the LAN network of your ISP router (you have configured it with DHCP so you can leave that configuration as it is). You have to check the "Same Network of the Appliance" checkbox, save the configuration and download the config files again.
Then you have to reset to no-default your HSNM Mikrotik gateway and import the new .rsc file and the new hotspot folder.
At the end connect ETH1 of your  HSNM Mikrotik gateway to any LAN port of your ISP router.

Best Regards.
Thanks for the helpful Reply,

I´ve done it as you have said, sorry for not reading the "fine" manual,  now it is a different problem. I can ping a ip but there is no dns-service. The system create now the following errors: 

a) 
"Redirecting to Welcome Portal... Redirect error! Connection lost, Welcome Portal not reachable or walled garden not updated!"

As your manual says: "Concenring Mikrotik and LigoWave gateways, they will be automatically entered while for other types of gateways they have to be copied and manually entered in the configuration."

So I did not try to add or alter the walled garden my self. 

b) A minor thing:

I need to copy it into the flash directory, ignoring this line in your manual:

"Warning! If you use a router Mikrotik "hEX" series, the files must be copied inside the flash folder." 
Using  a WaP2nD not a hex. But this just to let you know.

c)

I put this "user defined command"  "/ip hotspot ip-binding add mac-address=94:94:26:08:XX:XX comment=macair type=bypassed server=all" into the script but my computer with this ifconfig:

"en0
ether 94:94:26:08:XX:XX
inet 172.16.0.XXXX
netmask 0xffffXXXX
broadcast 172.16.0.xxx"

don´t get any  access to the router.  
(This is why I have to get on your nervs.. ;) 

The basic configuration works with the new setting.
I hope you can see my mistake.

thanks ahead
msa

PS

Connected to the wireless "free-wifisambila"

1. I dont get a default gateway 
2. The wireless keep searching dhcp-information 

If I add a IP by hand 

3. I can´t "nslookup web.de "
4. I can  "nslookup web.de 9.9.9.9 or 10.8.0.1"
5. No winbox connection to 10.8.0.1

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 29 Nov 2017, 12:19

Hi,

in your case I think that point a) and b) are related.
First, just to give you more informations, here below a list with causes that could generate the "Redirect error" error:
1) Gateway lost connection or it didn't have an internet connection
2) Gateway is behind a firewall and the HTTP port is closed 
3) Gateway's Walled Gardens doesn't have the HSNM's domain name and/or IP
4) You changed IP or Domain Name of your HSNM/appliance without reconfigure the GW
5) HSNM/appliance is turned off
6) DNS on gateway or on client side is not working properly and so it can't resolve the HSNM's domain name
7) HSNM is behind a firewall and the HTTP port is closed or not port-forwarded
8) You have enabled the "same network of the appliance" checkbox on gateway inside HSNM, but your gateway is not on the same network (layer 2 and layer3) of HSNM

Second, having a Mikrotik WaP2nD (that is not listed in the "Hardware type" of HSNM gateway configuration), you should have selected the hardware type called "Mikrotik (hEX, hAP AC Lite)". This because, as you mentioned, files must be copied inside the flash folder as for the hEX series.
Is it possible that you selected the hardware type called "Mikrotik (RBx, CCR, hAP, hAP Lite)" instead of "Mikrotik (hEX, hAP AC Lite)"?
If yes, that's why you got the "Redirect Error". Choosing an inappropriate hardware type walled garden won't be updated in the gateway. So, in this case, you have to change the hardware type, save the configuration and download and import the configuration files again.

Regarding point c) the problem is the IP settings you have in your computer. The IP you set is not of the hotspot network but is of your Local Gateway. PCs you want to connect to the hotspot have to be configured in DHCP or with a static IP of the hotspot network (in your case 10.8.0.0/25).

I hope to have been clear with my explanations.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic