Debian 9
If you installed HSNM just now, and don't know where to start - ask here!

Rate this topic
4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Boris

Debian 9

by Boris » 06 Feb 2018, 16:34

Hi Support!

Sorry, but I have a question;

Because I have a Debian 9 Linux installed, can I ask you for advise and
support how to install this Appliance?
Do you have experience in Debian and step by step installation manual?
Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

HSNMSupport

Re: Debian 9

by HSNMSupport » 06 Feb 2018, 17:28

Hi Boris

HSNM is not a software to install but an all-in-one appliance based on CentOS Linux distro and available as an HW appliance or as a VMware based virtual appliance.

So what you need is a vmware enviroment or, if you want, another kind of virtual enviroment (like Hyper-V, Virtual box, ecc.) but, in this case, you must convert our vmware based machine to your virtual enviroment.

Best regards

Boris

by Boris » 07 Feb 2018, 09:20

Hi Boris

HSNM is not a software to install but an all-in-one appliance based on CentOS Linux distro and available as an HW appliance or as a VMware based virtual appliance.

So what you need is a vmware enviroment or, if you want, another kind of virtual enviroment (like Hyper-V, Virtual box, ecc.) but, in this case, you must convert our vmware based machine to your virtual enviroment.

Best regards
Thank you for this prompt reply!
In case we install Vitualbox on the Debian9, how to convert HSNM VMware based virtual appliance to that system? Can I have some instructions, please?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 07 Feb 2018, 11:06

Hi Boris,

HSNM is provided and certified for Vmware. If someone wants to run it under other virtual enviroment they can, but they need to convert our vmware image into the other virtual enviroment, then they have to check that all the services is loaded during the boot process.
More or less the things to do to are:

1) Convert our image into an OVF or OVA format; you can do it using a vmware tool that should call ovftool.exe. The command should be something like this

ovftool PathToHSNMVirtual|Appliance\File.vmx PathWhereToCreateOVFFile     (example "ovftool D:\VmWare\HSNM\HSNM_Test\HSNM.vmx D:\VmWare\HSNM\HSNM_OVF\")

2) Import the OVF file on the other virtual enviroment, then run the virtual machine
3) Check, during the boot process, that all the services/drivers (expecially network, APACHE,MYSQL, RADIUS,SYSLOG service) are correctly loading and running; also check, at the end of boot process, to see the Linux login screen

Hope this can help you

Best regards

Rate this topic