Import ConfigScriptHotSpotRouterOS.rsc: "no such item"
If you installed HSNM just now, and don't know where to start - ask here!

Rate this topic
6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Boris

Import ConfigScriptHotSpotRouterOS.rsc: "no such item"

by Boris » 23 Feb 2018, 11:20

Hello, 
I installed demo appliance of the system and would like to make test configuration. Reading documents I did all configuration needed, download configuration files (hotspot folder + .src file) and upload them to the Mikrotik directory. When trying to install the configuration script using the command:
Import ConfigScriptHotSpotRouterOS.rsc
Mikrotik RouterOS say: "no such item"
The file exists for sure, but... Can you give me some idea guys, whats going on, please?

HSNMSupport

Re: Import ConfigScriptHotSpotRouterOS.rsc: "no such item"

by HSNMSupport » 23 Feb 2018, 12:45

Hi Boris,

"no such item" means that something is missing on the routerboard you are trying to configure.
For example, you enabled the "Use Wireless" field in the HSNM gateway configuration but your routerboard doesn't have wifi.

Be also sure to be using at least RouterOS 6.37, as suggested by the pop-up message shown when you download gateway configuration files from HSNM.

Best Regards.

Boris

by Boris » 23 Feb 2018, 13:49

Hi Boris,

"no such item" means that something is missing on the routerboard you are trying to configure.
For example, you enabled the "Use Wireless" field in the HSNM gateway configuration but your routerboard doesn't have wifi.

Be also sure to be using at least RouterOS 6.37, as suggested by the pop-up message shown when you download gateway configuration files from HSNM.

Best Regards.
Yes! You are right, I do not have a wireless card on the router (RB450G) because the Access Point will be a separate device (cAP) connected to eth2 on the RG450G. The hotspot is configured on the router board only.
Can you advise on below diagram, please?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 23 Feb 2018, 15:05

Hi Boris,

I saw your schema.

To be able to use eth3 and eth4 as you would like you have to add all the configuration through the custom commands you can set on the HSNM gateway configuration. Then you have to download again configuration files and import them again.

Best Regards.

Boris

by Boris » 27 Feb 2018, 08:54

Hi Boris,

I saw your schema.

To be able to use eth3 and eth4 as you would like you have to add all the configuration through the custom commands you can set on the HSNM gateway configuration. Then you have to download again configuration files and import them again.

Best Regards.
Hello again, sorry but can you advise us on the configuration through the custom commands for the scheme? Can you give us some example based on the picture I sent?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 27 Feb 2018, 09:09

Hi Boris,

sorry but what you asked is Mikrotik support and not HSNM support.

Your schema shows that you are using Mikrotik Gateway for DSL connection too, aren't you? Don't you already have a router/firewall for your DSL connection? 
So you could have your router/firewall configured as per your network need (what you would like to do with eth3 and eth4 of the mikrotik) and the Mikrotik Gateway only configured as hotspot. In this way you just have to import the downloaded file to your Mikrotik Gateway and connect its eth1 to one of your router/firewall LAN port.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic