How can I configure the system to use the Facebook login?
HSNM administration backend general discussion

Rate this topic
6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alessandrocrabbia

by alessandrocrabbia » 25 Jul 2016, 10:50

Alex
Hsnm Support
Hsnm Support

Re: How can I configure the system to use the Facebook login?

by Alex » 25 Jul 2016, 11:00

It's very easy. In the general option page you need to enter the Facebook API and secret that you have obtained from the facebook developer tool and then you are ready to login with Facebook! :D

charles

by charles » 29 Jul 2016, 10:30

It's very easy. In the general option page you need to enter the Facebook API and secret that you have obtained from the facebook developer tool and then you are ready to login with Facebook! :D
I have generated the APP ID and Secret but when i put them in the general options but its not saved when i press the save button. what can i do to resolve this??

Alex
Hsnm Support
Hsnm Support

by Alex » 29 Jul 2016, 10:45

I have generated the APP ID and Secret but when i put them in the general options but its not saved when i press the save button. what can i do to resolve this??
That's because you are using the demo version of HSNM and you are not allowed to use your own credential. You need to use our default API and secret.

charles

by charles » 29 Jul 2016, 10:56

so when i use your Default APP ID and secret....this is the error i get when a user tries to register using facebook;
Can't Load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.

Alex
Hsnm Support
Hsnm Support

by Alex » 01 Aug 2016, 09:40

Ok you get that error message because the domain URL that was filled in the facebook app is different from the one in the hotspot network manager system settings... You need to set the facebook API and secret fields with your own credential obtained from the facebook developer page... are you using a demo version in our server or did you install a demo in yours? Because in our demo you can't edit these settings and you should be able to login with facebook with no problem... if you can't edit /save that settings in your installation try to check the user general option permissions...as admin you can edit that settings. Hope to help you. :D

Rate this topic