HSNM Product's Policies
HSNM administration backend general discussion

Rate this topic
2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mirkos

HSNM Product's Policies

by Mirkos » 26 Jun 2017, 15:47

Hello,

can you please explain these two terms: Concurrent Connections and Maximum number of devices. I have checked in Administration Manual but I am still not sure if I got it ok.

I have made configuration shown in the picture that is attached to the email. I have set Maximum number of the devices to 20 but user can only connect with 1 device simultaneously. What are the relations between Concurrent Connections and Maximum number of devices?
ProductPolicies.png

Thanks and kind regards,

Mirkos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

Re: HSNM Product's Policies

by HSNMSupport » 26 Jun 2017, 16:28

Hi Mirkos,
Maximum number of devices field just gives you the possibility to decide how many devices can connect using the same credentials. But this does not mean concurrently.
So, as you configured, you decided to allow connection to 20 devices but, configuring the Concurrent Connections field to 1, only one of the 20 devices will be able to connect.
If you set the Concurrent Connections field to 3, for example, 3 of the 20 devices will be able to concurrently connect with the same credentials (so the same user).
So those two fields work togheter and have to be configured based on your purpose.

Rate this topic