Wifi Card - Expiration date
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jnsilver

Wifi Card - Expiration date

by jnsilver » 29 Jun 2017, 15:20

Hi there,
How can I get the expiration date on the card? At the moment there is shown for example "3 month". But if the card is printed nobody knows when the card expires. Better way would be to print the expiration date like "31.10.2017".

Thanks.

Alex
Hsnm Support
Hsnm Support

Re: Wifi Card - Expiration date

by Alex » 30 Jun 2017, 09:16

Hi, unfortunately it's not possible to print the date inside the card template because the expiration date of the card is based on the first login date of the user. Keep in mind that the user can see the status of the connection and the expiration date of the product from the profile app.
Hope it helps. 
Thank you.
:)

jnsilver

by jnsilver » 03 Jul 2017, 17:25

Hi. I wasn't aware of that. My understanding was that it is the value of "Connection expiration month" that I set in the product and not the expiration after first login. Where can I setup the expiration after first login.
It is good to tell the client that the login is valid for a period of time after the first login, but in my opinion it makes sense to show the "best before" date on printed cards in order to take care that they are valid.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 04 Jul 2017, 09:11

Hi jnsilver
At the moment there isn't any expiration date of the cards, but only the expiration of the product assigned to the card. So after X days or hours (depends on what you set on product's expiration) starting from the first login, the product expire and user must have to recharge/buy a new product.
I am going to ask to developers if they can add something like "use before" or "best before" on the card.
Thanks for suggestion
Best regards

jnsilver

by jnsilver » 04 Jul 2017, 16:21

Sorry. This is misunderstandable.

The description in the products is "Number of months of validity of the product from date/time of purchase by the user" and not "...after the first login of the user".

When I export a created card, I see an expiration date. This date seems to be calculate in the way that the number of months is added to the end of the ongoing month where the card was created. If I create a card today and the expiration date is set to 3 month it shows Oct. 31 2017. If the expiration date is set to 1 month it shows Aug. 31 2017.

The question is still: What is the expiry date that is shown on the card? Is it the date that I see in the export or is it the number of month counted from the first login of the user? That makes a big difference in explaining it to the users/customers.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Jul 2017, 10:31

Hi jens
You are rigth: the product's expiration description is wrong and we must change it, I am going to told to developers to change it on next HSNM release.

About "Expiration Date" on card's export, the system calculate the date starting from the cards creation (because you haven't any login yet); you see the end of month because on the product you set "Day and hours End of month" as "Expiration type"
ProductExpirationType.jpg
Anyway the card's expiration is calculated starting from the first login

Hope this help you to understand how HSNM handle the expiration of an user/card

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rate this topic