Track MAC-Address for free daily access
HSNM administration backend general discussion

Rate this topic
12 posts
jnsilver

Re: Track MAC-Address for free daily access

by jnsilver » 13 Jul 2017, 16:21

Hi,
After some testing I found out that a value of "0" does not allow to enter different username/password. After discussing with Henrik Brinkmann from FMS we came to the point to set it to "-1".
The full story/ use case is:
We want to give all users 30 mins free access per day after the registration. Users should be able to login with up to 2 devices.
Additionally we offer paid access during the recharge process to extend the access. There is also the option for the manager to create cards for the login without payment.
Now I ran into the problem that I see people registering again and again for the 30 mins free with different username but same MAC address.
Using a value >0  for the "Login Expiration for Mac Address" does not solve my problem. Some people maybe register for the free product and get later a card with different username. If the value is set to high they can't switch the username.

HSNMSupport

Re: Track MAC-Address for free daily access

by HSNMSupport » 13 Jul 2017, 17:59

Hi jnsilver,
we did some changes after your last report when you found problem if the "Login Expiration for Mac Address" was set to -1.
With the next HSNM update, available soon, the "Login Expiration for Mac Address" field will no longer be tied to the "Enable Mac address" field. This is what was causing the error.

If an user registers for the free product and get later a card with different username it should not have any problem. Because card is related to an user that has already registered when you created the card.
Regards.

Rate this topic