API call to check if user exists
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jnsilver

API call to check if user exists

by jnsilver » 17 Jul 2018, 11:15

Hi there,
we used the API to create an external Welcome portal in combination with the Mikrotik. Works fine so far. But we see occasional problems with the login. Already existing users (in the HSNM) are redirected to the login page again and again.

When we delete the user at HSNM that has problems it works again for a short time.

What we do:
When the user sends the login form from the external portal we start a request from our server first to the HSNM to check, if the user already exists in the HSNM. If yes, we send the login request to the Mikrotik URL and the user should be logged in. If not, we forward the user to a registration page.

What are the possible responses of the API when we check if the user exists? Are you able to see/check API requests and the result to identify a problem with some users? I can send example users from yesterday and today on request by private mail.

Best regards
Jens

HSNMSupport

Re: API call to check if user exists

by HSNMSupport » 17 Jul 2018, 16:36

Hi jnsilver,

first of all I suggest you to check if all data about the HSNM user are correct and be sure, for example, that the user has an assigned product.

Then, what I can suggest you is to add a log in order to see if the API call is successful.
If you get any arror with the API you should provide us more details in order to replicate the issue.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic