Card users can be overwritten by registration
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jnsilver

Card users can be overwritten by registration

by jnsilver » 14 Sep 2018, 11:08

Hi,
We operate a hotspot portal where users can register for a new account and get 30 mins free access per day. Account can be recharged to get additional minutes. We also generate cards for premium user for logins without registration and payment at this hotspot.

We often see that users take the username/password from the cards and register with these data and their personal information. Unfortunately the residual credit of the card will be overwritten with the free product that is given for all new registered users. So users complain that they did not get the minutes shown on the card.

Why is it possible to "overwrite" an existing user (from the card) by a new registration? Normally there comes a warning that the username already exists.

HSNMSupport

Re: Card users can be overwritten by registration

by HSNMSupport » 14 Sep 2018, 12:19

Hi jnsilver,

I did many tests but I've not been able able to simulate what you said. I always got "user already exist" error.

Please, can you try yourself on your HSNM and provide me steps you take to reproduce the problem?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards.

Rate this topic