Forgot password link is not showing for some
HSNM Front-end Welcome Portal general discussion about HTML, CSS, layout, custom apps, templates

Rate this topic
8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
anmateo

Forgot password link is not showing for some

by anmateo » 22 May 2024, 09:25

Hi everyone,
We have an on-premise HSNM appliance, with hotspot service with SMS authentication.

Some users are demanding that they do not have the "Forgot password" link in their welcome screen, in case they do not remember it.
The strange thing is:
- The users that are demanding, NEVER get "Forgot password" link in any internet browser: Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
- But I have travelled to the customer premises, and with my laptop, I ALWAYS get the "Forgot password" link correctly in all internet browsers.

I attach some screenshots related to the problem.

Is a big problem because users that have already been authorized before, can not use the system if they forgot the password.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

Re: Forgot password link is not showing for some

by HSNMSupport » 24 May 2024, 16:08

Hi,
please ensure you have the "send SMS notification " turned on and you don't use the device recognition.
S.T.

anmateo

by anmateo » 27 May 2024, 12:06

Hi,
please ensure you have the "send SMS notification " turned on ---> Yes, we have SMS notification turned on, but I don´t understand why is it related to showing a link in the user screen.
"SMS
SMS notification turned on.png
...and you don't use the device recognition. --> We are using device recognition, because is easy for the users to login without having to find the user and password. Why do we have to deactivate for all? I think it will cause more problems because lots of people will have to find again the user and password, instead of being autocompleted.
DEVICE RECOGNITION.jpg
Is it the only solution for this bug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 27 May 2024, 14:28

In order to call it Bug we need to reproduce it by our side.
Please try to find the way to replicate it and let us know.
From our side we will try.
S.T.

anmateo

Re: Forgot password link is not showing for some certain users

by anmateo » 28 May 2024, 13:40

Regardless how to call it (bug, malfunction, feature...) the thing is that, for an unknown reason for us, certain devices do not show the link "Forgot password" when arriving at the welcome portal.

We don´t know how to reproduce it, because we don´t know what is the condition in that devices, that makes the HTML/PHP page in your software hide the "Forgot passsword" link.

Could you have a look at the code of the welcome portal, and tell us what is the condition to show or not show the "forgot password" link ?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 28 May 2024, 14:47

Which version of the HSNM are you running?
Is it possible to update it to the latest version available and retry?
S.T.

anmateo

by anmateo » 29 May 2024, 10:45

We think we have find a common pattern: It happens to users that did the sign up long time ago, around a year ago or more.

Software version is 9.0.194 and is the system does not have permission to update
SYSTEM INFO.jpg

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 29 May 2024, 14:13

I'm sorry we are not authorized to provide support in case of expired maintenance.
Please note that you're referring to an old V9 version, and in case of any bug, we cannot create a fix for it, but you need to update and retry.
S.T.

Rate this topic