Cambium E500 Gateway
Topics about the wireless hardware

Rate this topic
6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
humzakhan

Cambium E500 Gateway

by humzakhan » 04 Dec 2018, 15:49

Dear Team,
We are using Cambium E500 as a gateway and have done all the configurations as shown in the gateway configuration manual. The signup process is completing without any interrupt but when we are going to login with these credentials the error " The login procedure can not contact the gateway" occur and hence no login happen. The image is attached for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

Re: Cambium E500 Gateway

by HSNMSupport » 04 Dec 2018, 18:06

Hi Khan
Which HSNM version are you using?
Is the first configuration of the Cambium GW or it was working and then stop to work?
How did you configure the domain inside HSNM?
Does the Cambium GW able to reach HSNM through the redirect URL used on the GW configuration?
Can you provide more details and informations?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

humzakhan

by humzakhan » 05 Dec 2018, 05:28

Thanks for quick reply.
We are using version 5.0.184 .
This is the first time we are using Cambium as Gateway.
Domain configurations are same as before which we are using for Mikrotik.
Yes Gateway is reachable as you can see in above image of redirected welcome portal. Signup procedure is working fine but when the credentials which we put these credentials in login fields and press start browsing this message occurs (Error: Login Procedure can not contact the Gateway).
We are getting hit of login user on HSNM system logs. But the user can not logged in (Online).
Please tell me if more information is needed.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 05 Dec 2018, 17:18

Hi humzakhan,

I did some tests in our development environment and I didn't have any problem.

If you see that user is logged in, in the HSNM, but it can surf, and it got that error, it probably means that something happens at radius level.

So, it could be that the gateway is not able to reach the HSNM radius server.

Eventually, if you want, you can try to update your HSNM to the latest available version, the one where I tested on, and then try again.

Best Regards.

humzakhan

by humzakhan » 05 Dec 2018, 19:10

Dear Team,
What could be the possible reason for this and how can it be resolved on our version of HSNM?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 06 Dec 2018, 08:49

Hi humzakhan,

as I told you yesterday, the problem could be related to radius communication between your gateway and HSNM.
You should investigate at this level. You should also check that your entire Domain and Gateway configuration is correct.

Updating to the latest HSNM version was only a suggestion. But it could solve the problem.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic