Use different admin user in Mikrotik
Topics about the wireless hardware

Rate this topic
4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
adhitya

Use different admin user in Mikrotik

by adhitya » 14 Jan 2020, 05:35

Hi Support,

We need to disable the admin user in Mikrotik for security reasons. We will create different user to replace it.
As far as I know, HSNM configuration doesn't have this option yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
mikrotik admin.PNG

We use 6.1.91 version

Regards,
Adhitya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSNMSupport

Re: Use different admin user in Mikrotik

by HSNMSupport » 14 Jan 2020, 12:14

Hi Adhitya
No, we don't provide the option to disable or remove the admin access because HSNM use it to connect to the Mikrotik for example for disconnect an user.
So I strongly suggest you to not disable the admin user on Mikrotik GW, otherwise you could have some funtionalities that don't work

Best regards

adhitya

by adhitya » 15 Jan 2020, 05:07

Hi Support,

Thanks for the info, I also saw that you use default ports for telnet and winbox in the ConfigScriptHotSpotRouterOS.src:

/ip service
set telnet disabled=no port=23
set ftp disabled=no port=21
set winbox disabled=no port=8291

My suggestion is that we can configure the user with admin privileges and different ports in the HSNM portal, again for security reasons.

Regards,
Adhitya

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 15 Jan 2020, 14:21

Hi Adhitya,

the ports cannot be changed due to possible issues arising with already configured gateways,
the admin user name select is a good point, I've inserted it into our development wishlist.

Thanks

Rate this topic