7 Gateway Cambium In HSNM , and 7 AP in client site ( under one domain)
Topics about the wireless hardware

Rate this topic
4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zayarmaungmaung

7 Gateway Cambium In HSNM , and 7 AP in client site ( under one domain)

by zayarmaungmaung » 02 Apr 2020, 13:27

Hi ,
Good Day to You.
I have some question ,
I create seven gateway (Cambium) under one domain and client AP 7.
Client AP have different IP , so I create 7 Gateways.
i turn on Recognize the user based on the device, Expiration of Device Recognition value 0 but that is not work for users.
User need login again and again his account when he goes other place in office
What of this problem? Device Recognize is not work or Do i need to extend Wi-Fi session time out or inactive timeout value ?

And next one, i turn on Disable multiple login for Guest Devices, but the user can register multiple times from the same device.

My HSM Version 6.1.91.

HSNMSupport

Re: 7 Gateway Cambium In HSNM , and 7 AP in client site ( under one domain)

by HSNMSupport » 02 Apr 2020, 18:26

Hi Zayar
the option "Recognize the user based on the device" is usefull to autofill username and password fields for the user; in this way, starting from the secon login, the user doesn't have to fill them.
The behaviour that you had is normal because when the user disconnect from the wifi, it will be automatically disconnect also from the radius server and so then it has to login again.
If you want to keep the user logged in, you have to increase the "keep-alive timeout" on the radius settings of your GW but I don't know if there is this option on cnPilot.

Regarding "Disable Multiple registration" I have just tried on my LAB with version 7.x and it works without any problem. As soon as I can have some time I'll try with version 6.1.91

Best regards

zayarmaungmaung

by zayarmaungmaung » 02 Apr 2020, 18:55

Thanks For your support, and i will try wlan session and inactive timeout in cnMaestro.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 03 Apr 2020, 12:57

Hi Zayar,
we can confirm you that "Disable Multiple registration" works even with HSNM version 6.1.91 stable.
Have a nice day.

Rate this topic