'freerad.radusergroup' doesn't exist
HSNM Hardware and VM configurations. Sms, Email, Backup, Database

Rate this topic
9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
spike

'freerad.radusergroup' doesn't exist

by spike » 29 Oct 2018, 00:09

Hi team,

Had a power cut on one of our server sites, we had to rebuild the replica. Following two rebuilds we're getting some errors and complaints from users

2018-10-29 12:07:10 - hs1 - Error! Query error: Table 'freerad.radusergroup' doesn't exist (1146) Query: SELECT SQL_CACHE groupname FROM radusergroup WHERE username =

Sites reporting.
Getting some problems now. Just users trying to use free wifi via Pin isn't working They getting "error 13 it has not been purchased or given a product please buy"

As I say, have run replication twice.

both servers on 5.0.187

Was a simple rebuild that hasn't come up correctly, please advise next best actions. Currently running on one server but still in replicated state.

spike

Re: 'freerad.radusergroup' doesn't exist

by spike » 29 Oct 2018, 05:08

Just adding onto this, downstream we're getting "Product does not exist" on cards generated via a ticket printer. although the product does exist.

The team then need to recharge the user (it's created) but has no data... Just adding to the downstream issues for diagnosis.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 29 Oct 2018, 10:40

Hi spike,

There is a problem with the Replica in HSNM version 5 that generate the problems you are facing.

To solve those problem it's necessary to update both HSNMs to version 6.

Best Regards.

spike

by spike » 29 Oct 2018, 20:32

Hi Team,

That's a pretty shocking bug. As a consequence of being unable to sync (a server system that was perfectly synced!!!) we've had to login and manually update 136 Ticket printers, which also didn't update for failover. We've had every customer call us that their user names are empty.

Why was this working (for all of v5 (in most cases, sometimes you've had to rebuild) ) and now it's a simple re-sync... but no chance!? Upgrade.. I've got the v6 upgrade scheduled tomorrow evening, so we'll run with one server for another day and continue with a few support calls..but really. HA is what we have, syncing is what it does, but not in v5.

I'm guessing it'll be better to upgrade single servers then re-add to replica following. ?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 30 Oct 2018, 10:09

Hi Spike
I am sorry for inconvenience but the BUG, on latest HSNM ver. 5, is present only when you configure the replica at the beginning; if the replica is already configure and running there isn't any problem syncing the datas.
In your case you had a power failure and you need to reconfigure replica between two HSNMs so you have to use hsnm ver 6 otherwise the replica cannot start.
If you want, please send us by mail the URL to reach your HSNM through SSH in order to fix the BUG directly on your HSNMs; anyway I strongly suggest you to upgrade to version 6.

Please let us know

Best regards

spike

by spike » 31 Oct 2018, 10:08

Cheers, upgrade was planned, just a disruption when syncing stopped. Lots of error 13 and recharges for 24 hours for some reason.

We've limped along on one server for a few days since then, going to upgrade to v6 tonight and then re-sync. I'll be in touch of license key needs an update as I'll shuffle some machines around during

spike

by spike » 07 Nov 2018, 22:23

So.. have sync'd db's, enabled roundrobin today as replication appears to be stable after two days.,..

Error! Query error: Table 'freerad.radusergroup' doesn't exist (1146) Query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM radusergroup WHERE username = '78:7B:8A:28:54:31@BHETOP10' (/functions/checklogin.php)

DB is not happy. Upgrade to v6 has not resolved. Next steps?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 08 Nov 2018, 09:45

Hi spike,

the error explain that the mentioned db table doesn't exist. So it means that the replication didn't work.

So, the problem is not the roundrobin but the replica.

Can we try to perform the replica?

Please let us know.

Thank you,

Best Regards.

spike

by spike » 08 Nov 2018, 20:36

Yes. The problem is the DB, it's only visible when we try and engage the replica.

Details via email.

Rate this topic