decrease user speed after exceed time credit or quote
HSNM Hardware and VM configurations. Sms, Email, Backup, Database

Rate this topic
9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
miami1983

decrease user speed after exceed time credit or quote

by miami1983 » 17 Jul 2019, 10:29

Hi ,

i need to ask if u have a feature that let the user stay online with limited bandwidth and speed when he exceed his quote or time credit

is this feature available or it can be in next updates

thanks
Husam Mekdad

HSNMSupport

Re: decrease user speed after exceed time credit or quote

by HSNMSupport » 17 Jul 2019, 11:18

Hi,

I'm sorry but currently there isn't a feature that does what you asked. We will take into consideration your request and it will be subjected to analysis by our developers. But I don't know if it will be implemented or not.

What you can do now, is to use the "Dynamic Modulation Data Rate based on Developed Traffic". It's a further configuration you can do in the product policy. See attached image. For furhter information about this feature I suggest you to read the Administration Manual.

Best Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

miami1983

by miami1983 » 17 Jul 2019, 15:36

Hi,

I'm sorry but currently there isn't a feature that does what you asked. We will take into consideration your request and it will be subjected to analysis by our developers. But I don't know if it will be implemented or not.

What you can do now, is to use the "Dynamic Modulation Data Rate based on Developed Traffic". It's a further configuration you can do in the product policy. See attached image. For furhter information about this feature I suggest you to read the Administration Manual.

Best Regards.
ok thank you

miami1983

by miami1983 » 09 Oct 2019, 11:40

Hi ,

one of our customer use his mikrotik and another freeradius and he able to change the speed service per user

so how it will be in your HSNM if i need to change the user service from 4M to 2M (without effect in the card price and also change the expired date calculating how many days should be added to the user as he need to decrease or increase his service profile

i mean , i just see that it need to recharge to the user with new transaction and override the old one , and this is not officially good as we do that in other freeradius systems integrated with CRM which able sales and customers support to do like this feature

BR
Husam

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 09 Oct 2019, 18:01

Hi,

in the HSNM, if you want to set a speed to the user from 4Mb to 2Mb when it reaches a particular amount of traffic you have to configure the "Dynamic Modulation Data Rate based on Developed Traffic".

Here below a configuration example of a situation where user's speed is set to 2Mb if, during a month, it reaches 10GB of traffic. This means that at the beginning of next month user will have 4Mb of speed again until it will reaches 10GB of traffic again.

So you can play with the "Dynamic Modulation Data Rate based on Developed Traffic" based on what you need.

Best Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

miami1983

by miami1983 » 16 Jan 2020, 11:20

ok , but if i need to set a free time which means if the user reach his quote and the system crease his speed

first : i need this status to be daily not monthly ( each daily quote is 10G , so if he reach it will going to next speed , at the midnight , the speed recover again )

second : we need to add daily free time or free traffic from 1:00 AM to 8:00 AM and not effect to his daily quote

thanks
Husam

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 16 Jan 2020, 15:41

Hi Husam
Here the replies point by point:

1) I need this status to be daily not monthly (each daily quote is 10G , so if he reach it will going to next speed , at the midnight , the speed recover again)
I am sorry but on HSNM there isn't any option to achieve what you need, because the user to have the new degraded speed must to be disconnected
2) we need to add daily free time or free traffic from 1:00 AM to 8:00 AM and not effect to his daily quote
You can do it enabling the flag "Ignore traffic" on Dynamic Modulation.

IgnoteTraffic.jpg

Best regards

chris865

by chris865 » 30 Jan 2020, 17:32

Hi ,

one of our customer use his mikrotik and another freeradius and he able to change the speed service per user

so how it will be in your HSNM if i need to change the user service from 4M to 2M (without effect in the card price and also change the expired date calculating how many days should be added to the user as he need to decrease or increase his service profile

i mean , i just see that it need to recharge to the user with new transaction and override the old one , and this is not officially good as we do that in other freeradius systems integrated with CRM which able sales and customers support to do like this feature

BR
Husam
hi husam, you should be able to use an external radius server "radius federation (out)" i think in hsnm, and then let that radius freeradius server do the limitation on the useage/service that you need. theoretically - but i havent tested it yet

hth

regards
chris

miami1983

by miami1983 » 18 Aug 2020, 13:16

Hi ,

BR
Husam
hi husam, you should be able to use an external radius server "radius federation (out)" i think in hsnm, and then let that radius freeradius server do the limitation on the useage/service that you need. theoretically - but i havent tested it yet

hth

regards
chris
Hi Chris,

why i need to go to external radius while HSNM is radius , if i need to do that , so i don't need HSNM :(

Rate this topic