Connected User No?
General questions and topics about hsnm

Rate this topic
6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Magenta

Connected User No?

by Magenta » 09 Apr 2019, 07:47

Dear Support Team,

please note that we had some issue earlier with Mikrotik router configuration and we rectify that issue on 02.04.2019
since that date we noticed that we are not getting the connected user No. and device No. on the dashboard
and the traffic log files at ( list of traffic log files containing the logs of the users traffic) is empty

however if we checked the list of connected user we can find there is connected users ??
and if we try to export the log file for the user we can get the full log ??

please advice what can occur this behavior ?

HSNMSupport

Re: Connected User No?

by HSNMSupport » 09 Apr 2019, 11:23

Hi Magenta
I think that you had a misunderstanding. "Users connection LOGs" and "User traffic LOG" are two different things:

"Users connection LOGs" contains all the user's sessions with session's time, session's traffic, session's start and end date/time, etc. To have this information the gateway must have radius accounting enabled

"User traffic LOG" contains all the traffic log (source and destination IP, source and destination port, protocol, timestamp, etc.) of the users. To have it you have to enable the "Users' traffic LOG" on the gateway

For further information I suggest you to check the HSNM Administration Manual

About the connected user No. and device No. on the dashboard, I think this is a BUG because I have the same issue on our LAB; I've just forwarded the report to our developers

Thank you very much

Best regards

miami1983

by miami1983 » 18 Apr 2019, 08:33

i have same problem , reseller dashboard unable to see their connected users while appear in display all connected users

i have latest beta version

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 18 Apr 2019, 09:15

Hi miami1983,

developers are still checking about this issue. They will fix it soon and fix will be available with next HSNM update.

Best Regards.

miami1983

by miami1983 » 27 Jun 2019, 11:01

Hi miami1983,

developers are still checking about this issue. They will fix it soon and fix will be available with next HSNM update.

Best Regards.
Hi .

i see users but its not the same as i see in Mikrotik ,can u investigate this issue

BR
Husam

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 27 Jun 2019, 14:36

Hi miami1983,

we did a small change in the new 6.1.75 version about what you mentioned.

Please, can you update to 6.1.75? After the update remember to reboot the gateways too, otherwise users will be still connected.

In any case, it could be happen that you see more connected users in the HSNM than in the Mikrotik. This is because, sometimes, it could happens that the radius stop request, for closing the connection, doesn't arrive to HSNM. So for the HSNM, user is still connected.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic