wifi64

INSTALL an setup SSL HELP

by wifi64 » 26 Nov 2022, 08:32

hello i am manual
I am new to HSN
I have 10 licenses in my HSNM cloud device
I have my SSL certificate on HSNM it's ok
I use Mikrotik Gateway
Can you photo details or make a video for installation to SSL certificates.
and example for SSL details in Guest SSL interfaces

HSNMSupport

Re: INSTALL an setup SSL HELP

by HSNMSupport » 28 Nov 2022, 15:04

Hi Manual,
once you install your certificate: https://wiki.hsnetworkmanager.com/?cont ... e-platform
you can choose to use it only at the system level by flagging the private option:
Fotografia_dello_schermo_112822_025927_PM.jpg
We do suggest installing a Wildcard one you can use only 1 cert for the HSNM web server and Gateways.
It is very important to not use the same hostname for GWs and HSNM Webserver, otherwise Hotspot service will be broke.
Once the installation is done, you can go to your Mikrotik gw fields to configure the gw:
Fotografia_dello_schermo_112822_030200_PM.jpg
You need to choose your cert and type a valid cert hostname for that cert.
Then you need to configure (or reconfigure) your Mikrotik. Your gw will have HTTPS login turned on with the HTTPS portal so you can use payments and social login.
Have a great day.
S.T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wifi64

by wifi64 » 28 Nov 2022, 15:47

Hi Manual,
once you install your certificate: https://wiki.hsnetworkmanager.com/?cont ... e-platform
you can choose to use it only at the system level by flagging the private option:
Fotografia_dello_schermo_112822_025927_PM.jpg
We do suggest installing a Wildcard one you can use only 1 cert for the HSNM web server and Gateways.
Once the installation is done, you can go to your Mikrotik gw fields for configuring the gw:
Fotografia_dello_schermo_112822_030200_PM.jpg
You need to choose your cert and type a valid cert hostname for that cert.
Then you need to configure your Mikrotik. Your gw will have HTTPS login turned on with the HTTPS portal so you will be able to use payments and social login.
Have a great day.
S.T.
Thanks
thank you
Should we use the wildcard of the gateway domain
in Mikrotik
CERTIFICAT SSL. *hotspot.myHSNMdomain.com
DNS hotspot-nam gw.hotspot.myHSNMdomain.com
-Can we use a domain different from the HSNM
and should he be wilcard

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 28 Nov 2022, 16:29

You can use whatever you prefer.
Your hostname must be valid for that SSL cert.
S.T.

wifi64

by wifi64 » 30 Nov 2022, 14:35

You can use whatever you prefer.
Your hostname must be valid for that SSL cert.
S.T.
hello sorry but it does not work
can you make a real tutorial with images or video
with example domain names
what should be configured on my host redirection or txt cname field for gateways

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 30 Nov 2022, 14:43

It works on multiple locations without a problem.
You can issue a Free Let's Encrypt Wildcard certificate or upload another CA issued one, and use it for the HSNM webserver and to load inside the Mikrotik Gateways to enable HTTPS.
Once you upload it inside the system, it will be possible to select it and enable it inside the GW.
You need to choose it and type a hostname valid for that cert.
If you issue for example *.your-site.com (so a wild card cert), you can use it at the system level to secure your web server (example hsnm.your-site.com)
and then use it again in your gateways, for example, gw1.your-site.com gw2. and so on).

gw1, gw2, gw3.your-site.com can be used without pointing them with a DNS record. It will be created a static entry inside the gateway.
We suggest using a Wild card to simplify the operations. With 1 cert you can use it in multiple locations.

miami1983

by miami1983 » 06 Jun 2023, 10:00

It works on multiple locations without a problem.
You can issue a Free Let's Encrypt Wildcard certificate or upload another CA issued one, and use it for the HSNM webserver and to load inside the Mikrotik Gateways to enable HTTPS.
Once you upload it inside the system, it will be possible to select it and enable it inside the GW.
You need to choose it and type a hostname valid for that cert.
If you issue for example *.your-site.com (so a wild card cert), you can use it at the system level to secure your web server (example hsnm.your-site.com)
and then use it again in your gateways, for example, gw1.your-site.com gw2. and so on).

gw1, gw2, gw3.your-site.com can be used without pointing them with a DNS record. It will be created a static entry inside the gateway.
We suggest using a Wild card to simplify the operations. With 1 cert you can use it in multiple locations.
i have the same issue and it give me an error all the time when applying let's encrypt with wildcard *.mydomain.com
Add the following TXT record in the
Domain: _acme-challenge.mydomain.com
TXT value: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Once done, save the data again.
You may have to wait for DNS propagation

Rate this topic