Latest Version and Voucher
General questions and topics about hsnm

Rate this topic
5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Will

Latest Version and Voucher

by Will » 09 May 2018, 17:26

Hi,
I need to know the latest version of HSNM (we’re running "System Version 1.5") and also am having trouble with the welcome screen asking for username password when I want it to ask for voucher code.

Thank you

HSNMSupport1

Re: Latest Version and Voucher

by HSNMSupport1 » 09 May 2018, 18:35

Hi Will,

The latest HSNM version is 5.0.179 and you can see it by clicking on the "New Version Available" menu from the left side of the HSNM web interface.  It's not possible, voucher is not the same of Credentials to login. It is a method which user can use in order to register/recharge.

Best Regards,

Matej

by Matej » 11 May 2018, 11:11

Hi Will and support,
I have many hotspots and a customer of mine had the same request some months ago.
One of the sales members explained me how to obtain what I needed:
I post what I was answered:
“It is very simple, you have to use the card as it was a voucher.
Just see the card as a simple code, you can call it either username or simply code, or WiFi code or whatsoever you like.
1. In the domain, as Authentication Mode, enable “With registration by the user without password”
2. In the domain, when you add a product for the domain, enable the printing of the card
Now, you have just to focus that most of the descriptions of the Welcome Portal can be customized thanks to the translation section, available at all levels. So you can customize the descriptions even only for a specific customer.
So, you have just to change the field “username” into “Code” or whatsoever you prefer for the Welcome Portal and also for the card. You can also change the name "Card" into WiFi ticket, as you like.
In this way, the card or your WiFi ticket will represent and display only the code that users have to digit. Moreover, you can also assign a price and sell it at the kiosk.”
That's a good solution!
I only noticed one point, once I add the product in the domain and I save, I am not able anymore to change the possibility to enable the card printing.
Can you please check it?
Thanks

HSNMSupport1

by HSNMSupport1 » 11 May 2018, 13:20

Hi Will,
Printig card or voucher fields available in the available product section of the domain is only related with the possibility to print card or voucher through the HSNM printer. Now developers will check why using "registration by the user without password" the "enable printing card" field disappear. So they will check if it's correct or not. But if the user want to print cards, not through the HSNM printer (that is a device we also provide if user want it), it can do it by going to the Card Management menu, available from the Domain contextual menu.
Best Regards,

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 11 May 2018, 14:59

Hi Will
It is not a bug that the "Enable printing card" checkbox disappear under the domain product if the "Authentication mode" is set to "registration by the user without password".
Anyway, on next HSNM ver 6 (available at June/July), there will be the "Enable printing card" checkbox also with "registration by the user without password"
Hope you appreciate
Best regards

Rate this topic