Remove the need to authenticate again
General questions and topics about hsnm

Rate this topic
12 posts
manish

Remove the need to authenticate again

by manish » 25 Jan 2019, 13:58

Hello,

I want to remove the need to login every time a user wants to use internet, is it possible the system saves the Mac address and you only need to authenticate once for the period the card is valid?

Thanks,

HSNMSupport

Re: Remove the need to authenticate again

by HSNMSupport » 25 Jan 2019, 18:03

Hi manish,

you can enable the "Device Recognition" option in the domain configuration. In this way user will only to click on start browsing because it will automatically logged in by the HSNM. But, even in case like this, user has to be redirected to the welcome portal.

Otherwise, if the product you set to the user it's not based on time, you can set a product with a keep alive timeout to a very big value. So, even if user disconnect from wireless, user will remain connected into the "Active" section of the mikrotik. When user will connect again it will be already logged in.

However, in general, you have to consider how you want to manage users and keep into consideration the product you assigned to them.

Best Regards.

manish

by manish » 26 Jan 2019, 10:47

Thank you for your response.

is it the idle time out or session time out in policies ?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 28 Jan 2019, 09:06

Hi manish,

yes, they are.

Best Regards.

manish

by manish » 01 Nov 2019, 12:15

Hello,

Sorry for the same issue again, I have put the session time very high but still the users needs to click the login. How can we remove this? and another question, if i have set auth to registration and offer a free 4 hrs, the user will use for 4 hrs and log out, when he comes back tomorrow how will he log in again? register again?

manish

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 04 Nov 2019, 16:56

Hi manish,

in order to keep users connected even if they loose wifi connection or they disable wifi in their device, you have to set a value to the keep alive timeout.

This time out is not in the product policy but it's on the Gateway configuration inside your HSNM. So you have to set a value to that field, save the configuration and then reset to no default your Mikrotik gateway and import the configuration files again.

About the free 4 hours free connection. If the user uses all the 4 hours the only thing it can do is to use its credentials and click on recharge button in order to get a new product. To be able to provide the possibility to click on the recharge button you have to set one or more product, in the domain configuration, to be available for the recharging process.
KeepAliveTimeout.png
DisplayAtRecharge.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

manish

by manish » 17 Nov 2019, 07:23

I tried to set this up, but still when i come the next day i am prompted to login.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 19 Nov 2019, 09:52

Hi Manish,

even if the user finished its time, traffic etc... system will always prompt the user to the login. System uses users' credentials to check if it can login or not.

User will try to login and system, after an automatic check, provides an error message to the user saying that the product is exausted/expired and suggest the user to recharge.

Best Regards.

manish

by manish » 03 Dec 2019, 12:22

I have created vouchers and usernames, but the user are promoted to log in with just few mins of inactivity, I increased session time out and idle time out, to 7d / 3d and still this happens in just a few hours. can you please help on making this not prompt again and again.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 03 Dec 2019, 14:52

Hi Manish
We already explained you on previouse post how and where set the timeout in order to keep logged-in the users even if they disconnected from the wifi.
We have a lot of customers that are using it without any issue

Best regards

Rate this topic