Wifi4EU compliant
General questions and topics about hsnm

Rate this topic
12 posts
angelos

Wifi4EU compliant

by angelos » 09 Jan 2020, 16:00

Hi support
I have my first WiFi4EU project and I would like to know if HSNM is compliant for it. I know that WiFi4EU went through different steps and that the goal of the second phase (end of 2019) is to have a single system, used at European level, that registers users and allows users to log in.
What I need is to have/configure an Hotspot service with WiFi4EU requirements

Please help me

Best regards

HSNMSupport

Re: Wifi4EU compliant

by HSNMSupport » 09 Jan 2020, 16:14

Hi Angelos
Wifi4EU is an European WiFi project that suddenly evolve. At the moment HSNM is compatible
With version 7.x it allows you to simply define, on domain, the network identifier and the “autotest” mode for WiFi4EU in order to automatically enter, on the HTML login page, the requested snippet.
WiFi4EU.jpg
Instead, if you are using, the version 6.x of HSNM you have to manually define the following snippet in the custom HTML header of the template

<script type="text/javascript">
var wifi4euTimerStart = Date.now();
var wifi4euNetworkIdentifier = 'AAAABBBBCCCC';
var wifi4euLanguage = 'it'
var selftestModus = true;
< /script>
< script type="text/javascript" src="https://collection.wifi4eu.ec.europa.eu ... "></script>

where instead of AAAABBBBCCCC you must add the "Network Identifier" provided by WiFi4EU and instead of 'it' you must set your country code. Then, when you will finish the test with WiFi4EU, you must set the selftestModus variable to "false"

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

angelos

by angelos » 16 Jan 2020, 08:51

Hi
from WiFiEU do not request the result of the self-diagnosis. You can check it on page 6 of this guide https://ec.europa.eu/inea/sites/inea/fi ... i-00_0.pdf
Where do we see this result? Please hurry because we are in the validation process.

We urgently need a quick response.

Regards,

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 16 Jan 2020, 08:52

Hi Angelo
I am sorry but I can't understand you: what do you need? What did you mean with result of self-diagnosis?

Best regards

angelos

by angelos » 16 Jan 2020, 08:54

Hi support
Thanks for the reply.
They ask us for the result of the self-diagnosis. As example on page 6 of the pdf

Best regards

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 16 Jan 2020, 09:01

Hi Angelos
I read the Wifi4EU PDF document and I know that they have to reply to the TEST MODE but did you activate the autotest mode on the domain in order have validated the portal by wifi4eu?
ActivateAutotestMode.jpg
Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

angelos

by angelos » 16 Jan 2020, 09:11

Hi support
That step was done and now I need to know where the results are because only this appears:
WiFi4EuPolicyEnforcementComponents.jpg
and what they ask us from WiFI4EU is that we send you a test like this example that they put in the pdf.

--- Policy Enforcement Component selftest modus activated ---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Validating snippet installation ---
--- Snippet timer correctly installed. ---
--- Snippet language correctly installed. ---
--- Snippet networkIdentifier is correctly installed ---
--- Validating snippet installation end ---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Validating portal compliance ---
--- Validating WiFI4EU logo ---
--- Viewport larger than 600px detected, make sure to repeat this test in a smaller viewport ---
srcCheck: true
existsCheck: true
typeCheck: true
aspectRatioCheck: true
widthToViewportCheck: true
opacityCheck: true
visibilityCheck: true
overlapCheck: true
completelyInViewPortAfterLoadingCheck: true
--- Validating portal compliance end ---
--- Summary ---
--- The Policy Enforcement Component is correctly installed. ---
--- The portal is compliant with WIFI4EU regulations. ---

In addition all the information that HSNM has to do comes in that pdf. This is almost everything I see, these details are missing.

Regards

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 16 Jan 2020, 09:19

Hi Angelos
You can find the Wifi4EU reply on your browser console. So open your browser inspector, load the welcome portal, click on "Acceptar" and then go to console to view the result.
Wifi4EUSelfTestReply.jpg
Best regards

angelos

by angelos » 16 Jan 2020, 10:07

Hi support
Wifi4eu told us to look at the data in the browser's processor console. Yesterday we passed the data to Wifi4EU.
For your information, this has allowed us to verify that the "Welcome Portal Lite" option is not compatible because it overlaps the images requested by Wifi4eu with your templates. You have to use Welcom Portal and include the Wifi4eubanner by hand in "Html head".
We still have no confirmation that everything is ok.

The problem is that the welcome window is very ugly if we modify any template that HSNM has compatible does not pass the Wifi4eu test.
We can only leave the current view, with nothing. The internet access button is too low, when we include our logo in the left corner it is lowered to the middle of the page according to the resolution of the client's browser.
In short, we see that the user interface is very ugly. This worries us if it causesWi-Fi problems and because it will be a bad experience for our customers.

I think the logical thing is that you would have created a template for Wifi4eu with reasonable aesthetics.

We do not know if this has been transmitted to you by other clients or if you knew this information.

Best regards

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 17 Jan 2020, 08:50

Hi Angelos
Yes, you can't use Welcome Portal Lite for Wifi4EU instead, regarding the layout of Welcome Portal, on next HSNM 7.0.91 version we will add a new option on Template that allow you to add the WiFi4EU banner as INTRO

TemplateIntroOptionForWiFi4EU.jpg

In this way you can then customize your Welcome Portal as you want and you will not have issue with WiFi4EU

Hope you appreciate

Best regards

Rate this topic