New Site, login needed
General questions and topics about hsnm

Rate this topic
6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
manish

New Site, login needed

by manish » 24 Jan 2021, 11:07

Hello Support,

We added a site and made sure all the settings are made same, but the users complain that they are forced to login again when they move from one AP to another, within the same Wifi, and vouchers created for 1 week expire in just 3 days. I have checked my settings on Mikrotik, keep alive and enabled device recognition, also checked all products and policies to be the same. Not sure where i am going wrong.

Thank you

HSNMSupport

Re: New Site, login needed

by HSNMSupport » 25 Jan 2021, 09:19

Dear Manish,
1) please increase even DHCP lease under gw configuration. Once keep-alive timeout and DHCP lease are with a high value, a user must be logged in. Please note that is not an HSNM issue but a Mikrotik/Gw one.

2)Please specify which version of the HSNM are you currently using.
BTW please check:
- if the timezone is configured in your Manager
- if you use expiration or exhaustion

Note that if you set a total time of 1 week in your product, a user can surf the web for 10080 minutes no matter when he started.
If you need to allow unlimited traffic but stop him after 7 days after he started, you need to use expiration.

Have a nice day.

manish

by manish » 25 Jan 2021, 09:35

Thank you for your response.

1. DHCP lease is kept at 2 days, and Idle, keep-alive and session are 1d on mikrotik.
2. I am using version 7.0.213 Stable
Timezones are correct. in Manager.
I figured out the expiration and I have started using that now. Before I was calculating hrs, which was not correct.

I also see the active sessions in Gateway, not sure why the user is not able to auto login when they change AP. may be their MAC changes.

Should I keep the device recognition for this?

Thank you for your time.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 25 Jan 2021, 09:52

Yes, keep it active.
If a user changes Mac address (last randomization function in iOs/Android, randomize MAC address per AP or SSID) is like a new one, so it is normal that it is not recognized.
Note that with these options, is under the management of the GW, because for the HSNM the user is still connected (high keep-alive).
Have a nice day.

manish

by manish » 25 Jan 2021, 13:05

One more question, if i keep the keep alives and have policy of 1 user and 2 devices. What happens when the same username and password are used to login from another device? or when the device mac address has changes. Will ti be counted as another device and not allowed to log in? as I is already alive?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 25 Jan 2021, 16:41

With high keep-alive value, a session is up so one of the two devices is running.
The one left can be used.

If a user used the 2 devises, it keeps using those 2 devices as normal.

Rate this topic