CoIN questions with MAC authentication
General questions and topics about hsnm

Rate this topic
2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ppcamp

CoIN questions with MAC authentication

by ppcamp » 19 Oct 2022, 12:16

In a hotel, I have configured the MAC authentication to make the users login only once in the welcome portal.
If I want to make an adversising campaign I need the CoIN module because users are going to be logged in automatically for two days.
Is it possible to put a popup (less intrussive than a banner injected in all the html pages durin navigation) until the customer closes it?
What I mean is to not show the popup anymore if the user has clicked the close button.

Also, we want to show a survey two days after login. Is it also necessary the CoIN module for this purpose? (taking into account the MAC authentication) or it is not possible as the user is not going to see the welcome portal...

HSNMSupport

Re: CoIN questions with MAC authentication

by HSNMSupport » 19 Oct 2022, 14:18

Hi ppcamp
CO.IN. is useful to inject advertising durign the guest's internet browsing but, pay attention, that it works only on HTTP traffic not on HTTPS traffic.
Recently most of the sites are HTTPS so you will have few advertising injection :-( so I suggest you to show advertising only inside welcome portal (through banner or video)

Regarding surveys, you don't need to have CO.IN. but they are show only inside Welcome Portal.

Best regards

Rate this topic