Custom validation of registration data
HSNM administration backend general discussion

Rate this topic
26 posts
Gerard

Re: Custom validation of registration data

by Gerard » 16 Jul 2018, 10:58

Hi again!
I've tried and now its working, thansks!

What I've seen is when you enable this option the HSNM portal does not validate any field (mandatory or no) is this behaviour correct?
I was hopping to at least require the mandatory fields.

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 16 Jul 2018, 12:17

Hi Gerard,

yes, it's correct. Because, once enabled the Custom URL for Data Validation option everything is left to your side. So it's at your side that all the checks occur.

Best Regards.

clannet

by clannet » 19 Jul 2018, 23:05

Hi,

Just to add to this it would be really nice if the custom validation feature let you choose which fields HSNM should validate itself and which you'd like to process externally. The built in validation of HSNM is great for most fields, but some that are country specific (like postcode/zip) it would be great to choose to validate them using custom code leaving HSNM to do the rest.

Kind regards,

Dean

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 20 Jul 2018, 09:01

Hi clannet,

I think it's a good idea.

I'll forward your suggestion to developers. I think we will add this to the wishlist.

Best Regards.

Gerard

by Gerard » 08 Mar 2019, 11:32

Hi again,
I've been using custom validation for about 8 month now, no problem after adding Header allways set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*" on the .htaccess file.

Well, this week I enabled custom validation on another domain and I have problems makening it work, it goes to the same server as the one is working but it returns this message:

Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'http://IP_ADDRESS_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_SERVER/logindemo.php?lang=en&rechargeprocess=0&domain=Domain&externalauthtype=&username=&mobileprefix=&mobilephone=&password=&lastname=&firstname=sdfsdf&address=&zip=&city=&state=&country=ES&email=&phone=&fax=&yearofbirth=&taxcode=&gender=&companyname=&roomorsite=&acceptmkt=false&captcha=&contractconditions=false&acceptprivacypolicy=false&newsletter=false&rndm=27638' from origin 'http://HSNM_DOMAIN.COM' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

jquery-1.12.4.min.js:11 Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response http://IP_ADDRESS_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_SERVER/logindemo.php?lang=en&rechargeprocess=0&domain=Domain&externalauthtype=&username=&mobileprefix=&mobilephone=&password=&lastname=&firstname=sdfsdf&address=&zip=&city=&state=&country=ES&email=&phone=&fax=&yearofbirth=&taxcode=&gender=&companyname=&roomorsite=&acceptmkt=false&captcha=&contractconditions=false&acceptprivacypolicy=false&newsletter=false&rndm=27638 with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.

To test it more i just configured the second domain as the one is working but i receive the same error messages.

Please, help :D

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 08 Mar 2019, 12:13

Hi Gerard,

I have to forward this to developers in order to check.

I'll let you know something soon.

Best Regards.

Gerard

by Gerard » 12 Mar 2019, 15:34

Hi!
Any news?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 12 Mar 2019, 17:49

Hi Gerard,

developers told me that the problem you are facing is not related to HSNM but has to be related to something in the server who perform the data validation. Developers suggest you to check the .htaccess file or other .htaccess files, if you have more than one in the subdirectories, or to check furhter the server configuration.

Best Regards.

Gerard

by Gerard » 18 Mar 2019, 10:37

Hi Gerard,

developers told me that the problem you are facing is not related to HSNM but has to be related to something in the server who perform the data validation. Developers suggest you to check the .htaccess file or other .htaccess files, if you have more than one in the subdirectories, or to check furhter the server configuration.

Best Regards.
Hi,
Let me explain more clear

1 Reseller
2 Domains
Domain 1 has been working perfectly with custom validation form.
If I configure Domain 2 with the same settings as Domain 1 custom validation does not work.

Just to clarify, when I say with the same settings I mean both validations are going to the same server and file, there is no difference.

How can this behaviour be a miss configuration on my part?

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 18 Mar 2019, 12:12

Hi Gerard,

having the error "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin" means, but I'm not able to tell you why, that the browser block the request.

HSNM is not related to this behaviour. Did you try with other browser? Even it's not said that other browsers work.

Best Regards.

Rate this topic