Automatically update a user product (HSNM and gateway) on email verification
HSNM administration backend general discussion

Rate this topic
4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gerard

Automatically update a user product (HSNM and gateway) on email verification

by Gerard » 23 Jan 2020, 12:47

Hi,
Is it possible to automatically update the product of a user when the validation mail is clicked?
I'm not referring to change the product on the HSNM system which obviously works, what I'm asking for is to automatically change the profile assigned to the registered user on the gateway (Mikrotik), example:

User logs in with a basic product of 1h timeout and 10Mb connection.
If the user clicks on the mail link without requiring a disconnection from the gateway the user should change to another product giving him 24h timeout and 50Mb connection.

Thanks.

HSNMSupport

Re: Automatically update a user product (HSNM and gateway) on email verification

by HSNMSupport » 24 Jan 2020, 10:20

Hi Gerard
I understand what you need and I'll forward you request to our developers. Obviously HSNM to be able to disconnect the user must reach the GW: for this you have to set the right IP to reach it on the "Internet connection IP address or DynDNS name" field under GW settings.

Best regards

Gerard

Re: Automatically update a user product (HSNM and gateway) on email verification

by Gerard » 24 Jan 2020, 13:39

Hi Gerard
I understand what you need and I'll forward you request to our developers. Obviously HSNM to be able to disconnect the user must reach the GW: for this you have to set the right IP to reach it on the "Internet connection IP address or DynDNS name" field under GW settings.

Best regards
Hi,
Yes, the IP is setup OK because I can disconnect users remotly, now I also need (that's the request) to update already loggined users without disconnecting them (or disconnect and reconnect them automatically).

Thanks!

HSNMSupport

by HSNMSupport » 24 Jan 2020, 15:50

Hi Gerard
The only way to update the user with the new product assigned is to disconnect it so when it will be connected again it will have the new product

Best regards

Rate this topic